Basketball: Albany vs. Georgia Tech

Last week I shot my first Georgia Tech basketball game of the year.  I tried some new things to see how they worked/get some experience, and while I wouldn’t call them a complete failure they certainly weren’t a success.  Firstly, for my typical floor remote I tried using my 35 mm f/1.4 at f/2 to see if I could clean up the backgrounds some by having a shallower depth of field.  The focus was off and the remote wasn’t firing correctly anyway so nix that one this go round.  I also tried a backboard camera for the first time.  My focus was off on that one too, but the advantage to failing early is that I can learn from my mistakes and fix them for next time.  Lots of time to go in the season still so I’m not concerned.